Friday, August 11, 2006

The Summer of Swimming lessons!

This has certainly been the summer of swimming lessons for my kids. Last year Tyler, who was 4, had swimming lessons. I had him in 2 sessions - for a full 20 lessons and I'm not sure we had a day without tears. Every lesson began with bribery and every lesson ended in saying, "maybe tomorrow you'll get the M&M's (our family's favorite bribe). So this year I went to the pool dragging my feet, three kids, a stroller and an overstuffed beach bag. I signed Tyler, now 5, and Emily, who's 3, up for the same class. I felt that Tyler couldn't hurt from being in the beginning class again and maybe there's strength in numbers for my kids. This year has been such a wonderful surprise - no one cried for the whole month's worth of lessons! Tyler and Emmy both did great - Emily could just jump off the side and Tyler could do it with only holding one of his teacher's fingers. It was so fun to have them in the same class and see them be such great friends. Today was our last day, and though I'm thrilled Bailey and I don't have to sit on the side and cook to death anymore, I'm sad to see such a good thing end. On the way of the pool today Tyler asked me when he'll do swimming lessons again - next year almost seemed too far away for him.

1 comment:

Rainie said...

yea!yea!yea! I'm so happy to have you join my in cyberworld. Good for your kids to be such great swimming graduates. I'm anxiously awaiting the pics. I love that Tyler and Emily are such great friends.