Thursday, August 31, 2006

Preschool Shoe Mix-up

Emily started preschool on Tuesday. She was so excited to go and I was so excited for her to start because I knew what a great year she was going to have. It really is helpful to have already been through this with Tyler - it gives me hope that when Emily starts kindergarten it won't rip my heart out again. Anyways . . . she's so excited. We both go and have a little orientation for the parents and then I left and she stayed for preschool. I picked her up and she was all smiles. She had a great time.
After we got home, we had lunch, and then walked Tyler to the bus stop. On the way home I noticed that she had her shoes on the wrong feet - which is unusual for Emily - she's really good about putting them on the right feet. So we get home and I go to switch them and I realize that she has 2 right shoes. Exact same shoe, just two rights. So I look at the sizes and one is hers and one is a half size bigger. So I ask her if anyone at preschool had the same shoes as her. "Aubrie does" she says, luckily for me Aubrie is her friend (and in our carpool) and not some girl I don't know yet from our first day of preschool. So I call my friend Kim to see if Aubrie by chance is wearing two left shoes - while I'm leaving her a message, Kim pulls up at my house with the missing left shoe. It was so funny - neither girl even seemed to notice one of their shoes was on the wrong food - and the wrong size! I did notice today that when I dropped the girls off at preschool both Emily and Aubrie were wearing a different pair of shoes than the ones they had worn on Tuesday - apperantly Kim and I don't trust them!
Preschool is going great - she was so happy today because she was calendar helper and popcorn was the snack. It doesn't get better does it?
Tyler is doing better in kindergarten. I think this is going to be a big week of transition but he's doing great. The last two days he's ridden the bus both ways so that's all of the scary stuff out of the way. He went to Music on Tuesday and liked it, and went to PE yesterday and really liked that so we're thrilled. My tears are slowing - I haven't cried today, but I better sign off or I for sure will.

1 comment:

Rainie said...

About tears and starting school. When Charlotte started preschool I cried and cried and its repeated itself each year. On Rozzie's first day of preschool I dropped her off and drove off. After awhile I realized I never cried, I felt terrible (guilty mamma) that I didn't have the same flood for her. I'd like to think it was a 2nd child thing and not a Rozlyn thing:)