The first day we headed to the lake. Headed there with 2 jet skis, 2 paddle boards, rafts, tubes, buckets, shovels, and 11 kids in tow. Oh did we have fun!



Oh yeah, I also got our van stuck in the sand. Luckily nice strangers from Wyoming helped push me out!

After the lake half of us wanted to go to Minnetonka cave. It wasn't until we were almost there that we realized that the tour would be 90 minutes. And the cave would be 40 degrees. And we were in flip flops. And wet swim suits. This realization gave my parents and I pause. But not Derek and 8 kids. In they went. And 90 minutes later they came out as happy little Popsicles!


Derek said they looked like a day care with their one leader, 8 kids, and matching shirts.
The next day we relaxed at the house - did I mention this house had an awesome indoor pool? It was so nice not have to worry about sunburns! The kids swam and swam and swam some more.


The top picture was supposed to be nice, and the bottom picture was silly. Someone thinks nice means silly, and silly means punky.
Since we stayed in Preston, Napoleon Dynamite's hometown, we dedicated some time to honoring this classic. First we watched the movie, then we headed out on a self-guided Napoleon tour.

How many people can fit in a selfie?
After our movie showing, we were off to explore Napoleon's old haunts - we saw Trish's house, Kings, DI, Pedro's house, and Preston High School.


This sign was in the front yard saying, "heck yeah this us Napoleon's house! Gosh yes you can take a picture!"
I love the people who live here. And welcome gawkers year after year to their front yard.
Emily and Hannah are acting out Lyle shooting the cow in front of the bus.

Happy hands club

Uncle Rico getting his head shots from Deb.

Around the house ... And yes, it had a phone booth! But what's a phone booth mom??

grave.


Love. Them. All.
I love being a 'yes' mom ... A mom who says yes to the million of requests a day. But more than I want, I'm a 'no' mom. No you can't eat that right before dinner. No you can't watch ANOTHER movie. No you can't stay up 30 minutes more. But on vacations like this I get to be a 'yes' mom. Yes you can swim after breakfast. Yes you can stay up as late as you want. Yes you can eat all that junk grandma brought. I love being a 'yes' mom. Just another bonus ion this vacation.
We had such a great time! Made memories and strengthened relationships. Thanks mom and dad for treating us to such a fun week!
3 comments:
I love all the pictures in included. That was a fun vacation and it was fun for all of us to say yes, most of the time. Thanks for doing the 'Minute to Win It' and for all your help. The kids and adults had a good time in this big old house. The pool was great, the yard was so fun, the beds.... well they they were a little on the small side for most of us. But still, such a great time. I love Bear Lake, what a pretty, peaceful place that is. The water was so warm and pretty, a great place to relax, unless you get stuck in the sand!
You have the best pics from this trip! I'm laughing about DK and his daycare field trip to the cave.
So fun! I am cracking up over those Napoleon poses! And its pretty great that Derek wrangled some matching hoodies for the cave explorers!
Post a Comment