We had the funnest weekend at my parents' cabin! We enjoyed hiking, 4-wheeling, and playing in the river.

Emmy on her way to the river -
Notice the goggles hanging from her wrist.


Emmy - all smiles!
Bailey - not so much.

Not a care in the world.
He quickly got the nickname Baloo.
After we'd played in the river for a while, Derek and the kids decided it would be fun to float down a ways, and have us pick them up. So we decided on a take out spot 3 miles down river. We thought it would take about an hour. So off they went ... No sunscreen, no shoes, no water, no snacks, not a plan in sight.
An hour goes by and my dad and are sitting at the take out spot. And we sit. And sit. And sit. 30 minutes.... 60 minutes ... 90 minutes. Finally our tubers come around the bend. And did they have a tale of woe to tell. They were hungry, scraped, bruised, sunburned, and tired.
Here are some gems from the recap:
Me: Logan!! How was it??
Logan: The worst! I hated it!!
Emmy: So you want to know who cried? Well me to start with. And Bailey. And Logan. Logan a lot.
Derek: And I cried inside.
Grandpa: Just think about it, it will be great memories!
Logan: Quit talking about it. I'm trying to forget it.
Derek: Two different rafters offered me adult beverages. My resolve grew weaker the longer it went.
Logan to Derek: I need to know how long until we're done. In minutes.
The weekend was super fun. Horrible, hope we forget, memories and all!
2 comments:
The river float story is so funny! I love every single quote.
And it was such a great weekend! Obviously I did not do the 3 hour float! But it was really great to have you come to the cabin!
Post a Comment