Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Geography Lover in the House

So Logan has a little love affair with maps of the United States.  We have a platic placemat map of the US and he has carried it around the house with him for months.  He loves to ask what each state is and what that state is known for. 
His favorite night in a long time was Election Night.  Every 2 seconds the US map was shown on TV - he was in heaven.  For weeks after he could tell you what state went red and what state went blue.  The presidential outcome did not catch his attention - but what color California went really blew his mind. 
He loves the Ipad app Stack the States - even though he can't read.  It goes so far that a few weeks ago I picked him up from the daycare at the gym and the lady there told me he was really smart.  I questioned why and she said because of his US map prowess.
Today he wanted a slice of cheese so I cut him a piece off of a 2 pound block.  He immediately looked at his slice and asked me what it looked like.  I had no idea. So to his trusty placemat map he went.  Then he put his slice of cheese on top of Montana - apparently I had cut it to look just like the Big Sky state.  That is a coincedence he can appreciate.

3 comments:

Allyson said...

That is so funny, and so amazing. It totally reminds me of Tyler. You have some smart kiddos over there- and when they love something, they love it! I'm definitely going to ask him something about a state next time I see him.

Gayle Menlove said...

Oh my goodness, you have to love Logan. Who knew he loved the states so much??? I think he might be related to his big brother. Things sort of sound familiar.

Rainie said...

That reminds me of Tyler and his amazing memorization of all the US Presidents. Can I have a make a state request when you slice me some cheese?