Oh Santa, you did good this year.
Santa and Emmy are tight these days. After she received a hamster for Christmas, you might say they're BFF's. Maybe this was Santa's way of appeasing a 9 year old girl who's wanted a dog for 7 of those years, and maybe this is his way of getting her parents to take babysteps to pet ownership - but either way, you did good old man.
Emmy woke up to find a hamster Christmas morning. She was shocked, asking Bailey, who was looking in the cage, "What is it?", too shocked to believe it could be a real pet. In typical Emmy fashion (immediate and completely random) her hamster was named: Rose. She now mostly goes by Rosie.
Rosie gets a lot of attention. A lot. Let's just say it's good that the kids have gone back to school so our little Rosie can get a nap! Because she's nocturnal she goes all night - and goes(!), but because of our overwhelming love for her she also goes all day. Poor thing needs some sleep.
Emmy looks forward to Saturdays where she gets to don her plastic gloves and clean out her cage (easy said when we're two weeks into it), and has already been to PetSmart to buy bedding and food. I explained to her that now she has bills - bedding and food. Water's on me, because I'm generous like that. I'm glad to see her allowance going somewhere besides candy.
As a side note, Emmy has had a beta fish named Chiffy for a long time. After Rosie entered the picture Derek started teasing her that she had turned her back on Chiffy. No, no, no, she still loves Chiffy she said. Then Tyler started saying he'd like a pet . . . and maybe he could have Chiffy. Emmy, who now has bills, seizes the opportunity and says, "5 bucks and he's yours". So Emmy has Rosie, and 5 extra dollars to buy hamster bedding, Tyler has a fish and quickly renamed him Rex. All is well.
3 comments:
That's the most expensive gold fish in the world! I laughed about Emmy having bills, and you covering the cost of the water. I just love that you blogged about it!
Best Blog. I'm laughing so hard. Emmy and her bills. Does she care much for Rex?
Thank heavens Emmy has Rosie,I have been rooting for her to have a pet as long as she has been begging for one. Rosie seems like the perfect pet... despite the bills.
Post a Comment