Emmy just won the kindergarten lottery. We're talking so excited we've talked about it for a week. The big prize won . . . dinner at McDonald's with her teacher. Funny eh? Her teacher told her kids that the first person to pass off 40 books would get to go to McDonald's with her for dinner. And get to bring a friend. Could it get any better?!
So the day Emmy passed off her last book her teacher told her that she would get to go to McDonald's with her. Emmy looked up at her and asked with all the sincerity a 6 year old can have and asked "Will you take care of me there?" (The teacher thought it was so funny she called to tell me!). So we booked a night where Emmy and friend would meet the teacher, and the other kindergarten teacher at the school was also meeting 2 students, at McDonald's.
When I first asked Emmy who she wanted to take with her she said she wanted Logan to go with her. Sorry babe, Logan can't go to McDonald's with you teacher. Then she wanted Bailey, again sorry.
So the anticipated day came last Tuesday and Derek dropped them off - all smiles. Then an hour later I picked them up - Happy Meals and ice cream cones in hand. I picked them up in the Play Land part and I was holding 2 unfinished Happy Meals, trying to get the girls to follow me, and was backing out the exit door . . . or so I think. All of the sudden the alarm goes off, nearly deafening everyone in the restaurant ( . . . cringe . . . ). I totally missed the giant STOP sign on the door warning you that this is an emergency exit door only. The manager had to come over and use his little key to turn it off - all the while Emmy's teacher trying to explain to him why I missed the giant sign.
Then on the way home I told Emmy how nice it was of her teacher to buy her an ice cream cone, to which Emmy says, "Well I asked her for it" ( . . . big cringe . . . ), "Emmy," I say, "you can't ask your teacher for dessert!" "I said 'please'" was all the explanation needed for her. Despite my embarrassing moments, Emmy had a fab time!
Friday, May 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Way to go Emmy!! (You Nally, I shall avoid in McDonald's now!)
What a fun teacher...and what a cute little Emmy. She is so funny.
That is awesome that she got the prize! Good for her. I'll have to hear her read me a story! What a fun teacher. I've almost walked out those alarmed doors- lots of times.
Way to go to Emmy? What friend did she end up taking to McDonald's? What a fun idea
Post a Comment