Saturday, May 23, 2009

20 Questions

Today Derek and his friend went on a long bike ride (Derek's doing a half-Ironman triathlon in a few weeks so he logs lots of miles!) - they rode for 30 miles and ended at a nice park, where my friend and I met them, with kids and a picnic. It was a beautiful day and we all had a great time. Since I was in the car with the kids for a long time (I can't complain because I was driving, not riding a bike!) we played 20 Questions the whole way there. Here was my favorite dialogue:

Me: Ok, I'm thinking of a person.
Tyler: Is it someone we're related to?
Me: Yes
Emmy: Is it Savannah? (our next door neighbor)
Me: No
Bay: Are we going on a picnic?
Me: Yes
Tyler: Is it a girl?
Me: Yes
Emmy: Is it a horse?
Me: No
Bay: Did we bring lawn chairs?
Me: Yes
Tyler: Do they live in Idaho?
Me: Yes
Emmy: speaking gibberish
Me: No
Bay: Do we live in the temple?
Me: No
Tyler: Do they live close to us?
Me: No
Emmy: -silence- she's quit at this point
Bay: Do we walk on the sidewalk?
Me: Yes
Tyler: Is it Paisley?
Me: No
Emmy: -silence-
Bay: -silence- also quit
Tyler: Is it Johnna?
Me: Yes

Envision that going on for 40 minutes and you've got our trip!

(are you secretely glad this post had nothing to do with casts?!)

5 comments:

Rainie said...

Bay is hilarious!!! I also gladly welcome more cast updates. I also want to here mor about this 1/2 ironman.

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing at the "Do we live in the temple?" question. That is funny. I'm glad TyTy thought of Pay even thought she doesn't live in Idaho!

Aj's crazy days said...

That is awesome, good thinking for the car ride. I think it's funny they went from living in the temple, to walking on sidewalks to Paisley to Johnna.

We might have to give that game a go.

Gayle Menlove said...

That is hilarious! You gotta love that dialogue.

kelly jewell said...

Hi Amy,

Love it! So funny. Hope you don't mind me peeking in to see how y'all are doing.