Bailey got her cast last Thursday. It goes from her wrist to her shoulder and is really purple. The doctor asked her if she was going to pick pink or pink, assuming that's what she'd go with, and all she could say is, "purple". For the first few days it seemed to hurt because it was so heavy and she'd ask me to put her sling on her. We're mostly done with her sling now as she's more used lugging it around. She only has to be in it for 4 weeks -amazing how fast little bones heal.
Usually the only upside to a broken bone is how much attention the kid gets - unfortunately Bay hates all of this extra attention. Any time someone asks her about her arm or tells her how cute her cast is, she buries herself into me as much as possible. She hates it so much that when I dropped her off in Primary Sunday I told her teacher to not mention her arm because it makes her so uncomfortable.
This morning she accidentally bumped herself in the forehead with her cast - which obviously hurt. She told me it hurt when she hit her head with her cast, I agreed with her, and then she whacked me in the head with it and said, "see, it hurts." So far we haven't had to have the "your cast is not a weapon" talk, but I sense it coming soon.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Where are the pictures of the infamous cast? The lethal weapon story is cracking me up.
I remember when Jordyn broke her leg when she was almost 3. Do you remember? Were you my downstairs neighbor then?
When it was time to cast it--I just knew she'd pick pink. The girl lived a pink life.
So, we get to the point of no return and she insists she wants blue. I'm talking BYU blue (Jeff was never prouder).
So for 8 weeks my little girly girl hobbled around on a bright blue cast (which went all the way up to the middle of her thigh).
Good times.
I can't believe Bay cast-whacked you! I bet it does feel heavy for her, and I bet your sink is working overtime washing all that cute hair. It's only 4 weeks at least!
Okay, if Bay can use her cast as a weapon, well, there is the upside of this whole thing. I had been wondering what the upside was going to be.
Watch out for Bailey and wild swinging, vicious purple cast. Tell your kids to not upset her for another 4 weeks for their own protection. Poor Bay.
I'm sure Bay looks cute in her purple cast, but we will be sure not to say anything! Funny how kids want to show you instead of just tell you. Halli likes to show me how hard Zack hit her or how hard Kam pushed her. I would rather she just tells me...
Good luck with cast of danger!
Post a Comment