Derek and I have been home from Orlando for 6 weeks and we are still expericencing aftershocks of my mom tending for us. Every day Bailey has a waffle for breakfast and every day since I've been home Bailey has told me to cut her waffle like Grandma does. At first I had the attitude of 'you get what you get' but after a month of hearing that I'm doing it wrong I decided to take it as a challenge to cut her waffle right. I have tried every way there is to cut a waffle - and no dice, I can't cut it like my mom and I can't cut it right.
Then there's Emmy. She came up to me a few days ago and asked if she could have a granola bar. I say 'sure' and she's off eating her granola bar. Afterwards she comes up to me and says, "When Grandma was tending me I asked her if I could have a granola bar and she said, 'help yourself' and then I asked if her if Icould have another one and she said 'yes'. So I can have another one now?". "No" was the answer her mean mom gave her.
It's really no wonder why my kids weren't happy when we came home!
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh the joys of Grandmas. When we went to Hawaii this past January our kids had the same "aftershocks". Good luck with it.
Luv Chalice
That's what grandmas are for!!
We had a great time with your cute kiddos. They are precious little souls.
Post a Comment