Thursday, December 04, 2008

Facebook

Last week I couldn't have told you anything about Facebook. I'd heard of it but that was it. Then I got some emails telling me to check out a few cousins Facebook pages. So I decided to check it out. To see their pages I had to register an account - the next thing I know I have an inbox FULL of emails from people telling me they'd added me as their friends on their Facebook pages - I don't even know what that means!
So back to Facebook I go. I've started to figure it out and think I might be the last person to join Facebook. You can go to some friend's page and see who they're friends with - some people have hundreds of friends (I think I might have 4!). But all of my old high school friends are on Facebook and they're all connected. It's funny to find so many old friends.
Here's the thing about Facebook though: I think it's like blogging on speed (or possibly for people with ADD). People just write one sentence on their page and then people comment. So instead of a writing a complete novel on my trip to Florida I would have written "I went to Florida." and someone would have commented, "cool". It's the epitomme of a snapshot into someone's life (or day depending on how often they post).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check you out miss hip and with it...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Amy, I cant find you, there are too many people with your name. you should add me as your friend! I am under the American Fork High School network... and my picture is a baby picture... haha

Rainie said...

I can only hope I won't be rejected when I go and ask you to be my friend.

One Sassy Mama said...

You described Facebook perfectly--it is blogging for the lazy. I think it's fun to see what your friends/family are doing at any given point during the day.

I hooked my Grandpa and my dad up with Facebook. For three days in a row--my Grandpa posted..."sitting at the computer" "still sitting at the computer" "sitting at the computer"--it totally cracked me up.

Lempskies said...

Love the family photo! Your description of Facebook as "blogging on speed is great". It also facilitates electronic stalking, as I understand from those who are single. I'll stick w/ blogging.

mindy said...

Apparently you aren't much into "speed blogging," seeing as you (almost) never update your status. ;o)