Sunday, July 27, 2008

Twin Falls Temple

Yesterday our family took a road trip to Twin Falls to see the new temple and go through the open house. We also met my two sisters and their families. The kids had a great time meeting their cousins there. It was such a neat opportunity to take our kids through the temple - something they hear a lot about but aren't able to fully understand because they don't get to go there. The tour started with an 11 minute video about temples throughout history and their importance. Then we had a 40 minute tour of the temple. The tour was really good - I loved that everywhere you turned their was someone bearing their testimony of the gospel. This was awesome to be able to show my kids things they've heard about. They loved the baptistry (especially the oxen), the celestial room (because of the giant chandelier) and the sealing room (or the marrying room as Emmy calls it). The kids certainly noticed how beautiful it is inside the temple and what a reverent place the temple is. The Twin Falls temple is beautiful! What a great way to spend the day.

2 comments:

Rainie said...

That's so neat. We were one day short of being able to make it there. I would have loved to go through with the littles. Your pictures are great!

Gayle Menlove said...

I wish I could have been there with you! You failed to mention that Bay found a little bench somewhere the alter, that was just right for sitting.