Sunday, August 03, 2008

Farewell 3:00 Church!

Today my family went to our last day of having church at 3:00 - that's right . . . we've had church at 3:00 all year. It's been rough having church so late - our first day of 3:00 church in January we blessed Logan. The rough time paired up with Mother Nature to dish out some meanness that day. We had company here from Utah and Eastern Idaho who had to go home that day, 3:00 church, and a snow storm. My family had to leave right from sacrament meeting to get on the road - leaving me with one big dinner (that my mom did all the work for!) and not many eaters! Oh you're mean you 3:00 church! This 3:00 church also had us coming out of church in the dark throughout the winter - literally totally dark coming out of church. I remember being in Primary and when the kids were dismissed they were told to go home and go to bed! All we had time for was dinner before bedtime. So what glorious time did we move to?! 1:00 - normally a time I'd also complain about, but now I know it can be worse. So to you 3:00 church I say good riddance!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy day! I'm glad it's over for you, that is a crapy time if ever there was one. 9:00 isn't my fav. but it beats the heck out of 3. Enjoy 1:00!

One Sassy Mama said...

I feel your pain--when I lived in AZ our ward went from 330-6 (we had five wards meeting in our building so we only had 2 1/2 hour church--sacrament was the normal time-but our classes were cut short by 15 minutes each--a pretty sweet deal). The next year our time changed--to 8 a.m. I am not kidding. It was a toss-up on which one was worse.
We meet at 1 right now--and just yesterday I was complaining about how late it was--but now that I'm remembering that lame 330 time--maybe I"ll stop - hehe

Rainie said...

We used to do 3:30 and it really was the worst. Leaving church in the dark never seemed right. Right now we are loving 11:00. I hope you're not to jealous.