Two cute things have happened to my kids lately - here they are:
The first was from Logan's music teacher. She had told the kids that she wanted to do a fundraiser to earn money to buy 3 xylophones for her class. They recently had a program where they sang this cute little carmel apple song, and they sold carmel apples to earn money. They also had little tin buckets out for donations. Kids also brought in money from home. For weeks I got the xylophone update from Logan. Then I got this email from his teacher:
"Here is the update on the xylophones: Even with the sale prices, shipping and handling would have made our total needed for the set of three xylophones $1300-1400. WELL, I decided to call Suzuki directly and see if we might be able to "wangle a deal". I told them how great my kids and parents were, that my kids had been bringing in piggy bank money for a month, that we gave "sidewalk concerts" as a fundraiser and raised $1000 for a set of three xylophones. I asked if there was any possible way they might be able to sell us those three instruments for our hard earned $1000. They said.........YES!!!!!
YAHOOO! So a big truck will deliver them the Monday we get back from break! (They won't fit in the mail box :) )
I just wanted to thank all of you as families for sharing in this exciting adventure! THANK YOU!"
Isn't that so cute? I love cute/excited teachers.
The second cute thing happened to Tyler last week. He went into one of his teacher's classrooms during lunch to borrow a book. Ty didn't know what book he wanted to read, just that he was looking for a new book. His teacher was there, reading a book. So his teacher started asking him what kind of books he likes, they started chatting, and his teacher said, "Oh you should read this book...". The book the teacher was reading, as in the book he was reading seconds before Tyler walked in. Isn't that such a great, giving teacher? I told Tyler it isn't exactly "the shirt off his back", but it's close.
4 comments:
Those are great stories. I love the music teacher who had sidewalk concerts and she told Suzuki how great the kids were and the parents were.
Are you saying that Tyler's teacher gave him the book he was reading at that moment? How great is that? Hooray for extra ordinary teachers in your kids lives!
Well I know I want to get invited to the xylophone concert! Also--love "wangling" a good deal!
And how lucky is Tyler with such a eacher!
KIND teacher!! Sometimes blogger gets sick of me and won't let me type anymore!)
Those are two goodies!
Post a Comment