Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Look of Guilt

   Ever since tennis started our Wednesdays after school are a bit nuts.  As soon as the girls get home from school they immediately get in the car.  I have a snack and water bottle in the car ready for them to go because we are off to piano lessons.  I drop Emily off at lessons, go directly to Tyler's school to pick him up from tennis, where snacks and a water bottle await him, and we're back to piano.  Driving this piano/tennis shuttle takes exactly 30 minutes - Emmy's whole lesson. By the time we get back to piano, Emmy's done.
  The last few weeks though we've had a problem.  Emily has left her half-eaten bag of pretzels in the car when I drop her off at piano, and then by the time we get back to pick her up Logan has eaten her pretzels.  Two weeks in a row this has happened.  Two weeks in a row this has brought us near tears. 
  So today I was prepared - as soon as Emily got out I explained to Logan that the pretzels are Emmy's, that she's going to want them as soon as we pick her up, and once his pretzels are gone, they're gone.  I was prefectly clear in explaining this.
  While I was drving the shuttle I noticed Logan had put his blanket on his head, and was rather quiet.  I thought he might have fallen asleep - which at 4:30 is the worst - but does happen to us sometimes.  It wasn't until we got back to piano lessons that I noticed movement under the blanket.  And talking when I asked him questions.  It wasn't until I asked the, "Are you eating Emily's pretzels?" questions that he got quiet again.  Busted. 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Allyson said...

But if you do it under a blanket it doesn't count right?? How did Emmy take it?

Anonymous said...

Too funny! But, you should be proud...smart little guy!

Gayle Menlove said...

That can't be Logan under the blanket, he is too big... right?
I have heard of a closet eater, but does that make him a "blanket Eater?