Friday, December 09, 2011

Bay's turn

My last post was about the funny thoughts of Ty's, but Bay's had her own gems lately.
Last night we took our kids to a live nativity - which we love by the way - and on the way home we asked each kid what was their favorite thing. Here's the run-down:

Tyler: the camel

Emily: baby Jesus

Derek: the city gates

Me: the angels

Bailey: the cookie buffet

She must have really been touched by the meaning of Christmas.

And then another gem today: I have been sick all day and it was my turn to drive the kindergarten carpool. So I went to pick up the kids a little too casual, and the kindergarten kids all were asking why I was still in my pajamas - which by the way, I was not in my pajamas! It was a little casusal, but not pajamas. Think more like yoga pants and a hoodie. Agreed, not my best, but not pajamas. So tonight as Bailey was going to bed she said, "I hope you feel better tomorrow so you don't have to wear your pajamas when you pick us up again." That's one sympathetic little girl.

3 comments:

Allyson said...

I didn't know you were sick. That stinks! Hey, we didn't know about said live nativity! I think we would have liked the cookie buffet as well.

Gayle Menlove said...

I didn't know you were sick and had to wear your pajamas all day. I missed the live nativity... I hate it when that happens.

Lempskies said...

Hey- I found a book recently that reminds me of your kids. It's called "How to get a job- by me, the boss". It's funny.

I think it reminds me of your kids b/c they are funny, confident, random at times, and insightfully observant. You'll have to check your library for it. It's an enjoyable read. I believe it's a series, but that's the only one we've read so far. Hope you enjoy it.