Today was our last day of school! I love summer: I love having my kids home, I love slow paced mornings, I love not worrying about bedtimes, I love being outside - I love it all. It just seems right to have my kids home - call it a control issue, but I like knowing where they are, and what they're doing. It just feels like my world is right when my kids are home.
For the last day of school our school always has a family picnic the last 2 hours and then you can take your kids home whenever you're ready. I didn't drag the picnic this year - dragging kids was enough dragging for me. So I just went, we said good-bye to teachers, and we came home.
This afternoon we went to an End of the Year party at my friend's house who has a pool. She invited everyone to come and and swim. It was so fun - kids swam and moms chatted. Yes, I only had 2 swimmers with Bay in a cast and Logan but 2 in the water is enough to worry about! I bet there were 40 kids there and the pool wasn't crowded at all. It was so fun to end the school year. (In fact, Emmy is still there because she wasn't ready to come home and Logan was!)
Tyler and Emmy have both had good years and done great. Tyler's teacher sent him home with the cutest thing - she gave all the kids a postcard with her address on the front. On the back is a place to write the title and author's name of 8 books. When they've filled this all out for books they read over the summer, they can mail it to her and then sometime in the summer she's going to have an ice cream party at the school for all the kids who've sent in their postcards. Isn't that the cutest? I love our school - they do so many extra things like this.
Wednesday, June 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a fun day! A great way to end the school. I love the teacher who encourages kids to read over the summer and then rewards them. That's a great teacher.
At first I thought she just wanted the kids to write her a note- which would've been fun too, but the books for ice cream idea is awesome. What a good teacher.
Post a Comment