Saturday, June 06, 2009

Our First Piano Recital

We had our first piano recital a few weeks ago. Tyler just started piano lessons in March so I was surprised we had a recital so quickly. His teacher picked the theme Movie Music Mania so all of the kids played songs from movies or TV shows. For the program she had the kids listed in the order they would play but not the songs they would play. All of the songs were listed on the other side in random order and the parents had to match the kid to the songs they played. I thought it was an ardoable idea. There were cute songs played - High School Musical, Star Wars, and lots of Disney songs.
Tyler played 2 songs - Mickey Mouse March and Winnie the Pooh. He did a great job and had both memorized. For Winnie his teacher asked me to play the duet part with him. I thought other parents or his teacher would be playing duets to other songs, but nope, we were the only duet. It was my first piano recital in 15 years! It was fun to play with Tyler, even though he was disappointed that I didn't have my part memorized.
Tate and Angey were in town so they came to hear him, along with my dad. It was great to have such a fun night celebrating Tyler's new interest.

4 comments:

Gayle Menlove said...

I was glad to get the recital review at your home later since I missed the recital. Thanks for having a redo for me! I loved it. You both are doing really well!

Rainie said...

You're now coaching and starring in piano recitals. Your blog just keeps getting better and better. I wish I could have seen his performance, tell him way to go from me.

Jen said...

That is awesome! I loved hearing him play at my house yesterday.

Anonymous said...

I didn't hear about any of this- it sounds super cute- I wish I would've heard him play his 2 songs when I was there. How did your part go?