Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Kindergarten Fieldtrip

Emmy had her first fieldtrip for the year last week. We went to the pumpkin patch (yes, the same great one where Bay went so I'll keep my gushing to myself!). She was so excited for her fieldtrip - she asked me every day for a week if it was today. I met the bus there because they won't let siblings ride the bus - all the moms as they got off the bus said, "that was a really loud bus ride!". We met there and did all the fun things at the pumpkin patch (corn maze, wagon ride, pumpkin finding, coloring, and getting popcorn for a snack). My favorite thing about Emmy's kindergarten class is that there are so many cute girls from our ward in her class. So when I go to the fieldtrip - it's just as fun for me because all of my friends are there too.
It's a tradition at our school that the night of the pumpkin patch fieldtrip they have a Father/Child Pumpkin Carving night. All the dads and kids go to the school at night and carve pumpkins. Every kid gets a ribbon for participation. It's a cute tradition. Emmy and Derek had a great time carving pumpkins. I told him to take her out for a treat afterward to make it a fun date for the two of them - he took her to a gas station to get a candy bar - heartwarming eh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So did Emmy and DK go carve up some pumpkins?