I know I love neighborhood preschools - and I gush about them all the time. But today deserves more gushing! We just got back from the cutest field trip ever. We took our girls to the pumpkin patch to get a pumpkin. There's a big pumpkin patch that has a corn maze, petting zoo, and hay rides that all of the preschools and kindergartens around here go to. We took our little 5-girl preschool there and we were the only ones there! We had this huge place to ourselves! And the weather was so wonderful - we all went in jackets and one by one they all came off because it was so warm.
When we first got there we did the hay ride that took us past the petting the zoo (they even had a zebra - weird eh?) and all around the farm. Then the girls got to go to the pumpkin patch and pick their own pumpkin. After that they got to go through a straw bale maze - which is such a perfect height for them because you can see them the whole time. Then we got to go through a real corn maze little-kid length (under half a mile). Then they got to do a coloring page and Becca brought a ton of snacks and drinks for everyone. It was such a fun field trip.
But here is why I love these joy schools - because at any given time you could look around and find one of our little girls holding a mom's hand, not their mom's hand necessarily - just a mom's hand. I love that we just all become moms to these girls and these girls are all so loved.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love your little preschool too!
Your preschool rocks!
Post a Comment