This week we started school. Tyler started 2nd grade and Emmy started kindergarten. We'd done the kids' "Meet and Greet" at the school earlier to meet their teachers and drop off their supplies. Everybody was excited - school starting puts such a thrill in the air - everyone's excited about it and there's so much to talk about - it's really a fun time of year. I was getting ready to back into a schedule and have things going on. I will miss our lazy days of reading and playing games - but I like the excitement of school starting. Tyler was really excited to have Emmy there this year. Emmy has afternoon kindergarten so Tyler gets on the bus at 8:30, Emmy goes at 12:30 and they come home together at 4:00. They were excited to see each other at recess and sit together on the bus. Tyler seemed a little quiet at the bus stop that morning - but never said a word about being nervous. He's got some friends from other years in his class so he's in good shape.
Now Emmy starting kindergarten is what's a killer for me. I just can't believe she's old enough to go - she is so ready though. The first day the parents had to be there for the first hour to go through some policies and things. Since I had to be there anyway I assumed I'd just take her. No, she wanted to ride the bus and meet there. The first day wasn't so bad because I practically followed her there. When I met her at the school we went into her classroom and the teacher was talking to all the parents - after about 45 minutes Emmy asked me when kindergarten was going to start! When it was time to leave I gave her a big hug and started tearing up - all she could say was "BYE". She certainly wasn't missing me! She came home with Tyler on the bus and they were both happy and excited about school.
It's weird to have 2 kids gone 5 days a week - good thing I've got 2 more at home! I hope they have good teachers and good friends.
5 comments:
I'm so excited they did so good. You are such a brave bus mamma. Way to go. They both look darling!
Your kids are so cute! Being a mom is heart wrenching isn't it, we have been counting the days for school to start and then it is painful to let them go!
I'm impressed....with all 3 of you. They have done so well. It's so fun to see them happy and love it. I love the bus picture. Although it would be funnier if Terry were behind the wheel.
Sounds like sending #2 out the door is just as hard as #1! My big day's coming up on Tuesday. Hope I can handle it.
What cute little school kids! They sound like they are ready to grow! Thanks for the pics. I was looking for Terry on the bus too. The pictures are way too cute!
Post a Comment