Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Today is our anniversary - 9 years for Derek and I. I've always loved that our anniversary is on May 1st. I love that it is just the height of spring. The temple was beautiful the day we got married with tulips everywhere. We've accomplished a lot over our 9 years together - we've each gotten bachelor's degrees, Derek's gotten a Masters, bought our first house, changed jobs, done several triathalons (ok . . . just Derek) and filled a minivan with kids!

It's great to pause and think about how great I've got it with Derek. He's the most patient, caring and fun dad and husband I could ask for. He never complains about nights with no dinner, drawers empty of clean clothes, or 'since you're out, could you just stop at Walmart for me?'. Also, he's the world's best omlette maker. Just this week while I've been thinking about our anniversary something happened that sums up life with Derek. Monday night I went running with 2 friends - it was hot and we were running 5 miles. We were out running some mile-long streets out of our neighborhood. We'd run more than 3 miles when I see a van that looks like ours parked to the side of the road. As we got closer out pile our 3 kids and Derek - with each kid holding a glass of water for us and cheering us on. That's so Derek - being a great and supportive husband while also being a fun dad - the kids loved waiting for us and discussing who was going to give who their water! That is life with Derek - I couldn't be luckier.


Look what 9 years will get ya!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite post! Especially the part about filling up said minivan. DK is awesome, but he has it just as good w/ you. I love the running story- how cute of him. I bet your kids did love it! 5 miles?? Way to go- you'll be a triathalon w/ DK soon.

Rainie said...

Dk's so equally lucky. I'm so glad you have each other. Way to go on the run!

Angela said...

OH HOW SWEET!! Happy Anniversary you guys!! You guys are such a neat, fun couple- one of our faves to be around. I'm so glad you and your family are a part of our life. WE sure love you.