Thursday, March 20, 2008

Round and Round

You know how every CD player comes with the feature of Repeat? Well I've often wondered who ever would use this? I mean, who wants to listen to the same song over and over? Well, I realized today that the person who invented it and then got it to be a standard feature was a parent of a 2 year old. Today Bay and I were driving around and I had 4 kids CD's in the car and Wheels on the Bus comes on. I know it's a fave of Bay's so she's happy and then as soon as She'll Be Coming 'Round the Mountain comes on she says, "Round and Round" (2 year old talk for, "Can we listen to Wheels on the Bus again please?"). So sure, again with Wheels, back to the lady still coming around the mountain, and more "Round and Round", so we go through this probably 6-7 times and finally I think of the Repeat button! So we drove all around listening to Wheels non-stop and everyone was happy. Yes, necessity must be the mother of all invention.

2 comments:

Gayle Menlove said...

How cute is Bay that she loves wheels on the bus. Hooray for the repeat button.

Anonymous said...

I love Bay lingo! I love Johnny Lingo too.