I have a budding Picasso at my house - Bailey loves to color! My older two kids color, they might even like to color, but certainly not love to color - but Bailey loves to color. She can color all day long - as long as I keep switching her paper and giving her new colors she'll keep coloring (which comes in mighty handy when fixing dinner, doing dishes, etc.). So I've known that she loves to color but yesterday it hit me how much she loves to. While I was emailing yesterday she was trying to type with me, so to get her off the computer I handed her a book to look at. She took the book, then searched the computer desk until she found a pen, sat down with book and pen in hand and was about to be completely entertained until I put an early end to it. Then she goes downstairs - me still at the computer - she opens up our art cupboard, drags out the box of crayons, dumps them out, grabs two, pulls out a coloring book, and takes her two crayons and her coloring book into the family room (crawling, and dragging) and commences to color. This is where I find her yesterday! Now this is a little girl at 17 months who isn't sure walking is for her, but coloring - now that is worth some work and determination!
Just a side note of how busy she is - yesterday while I was in the shower she gets into my makeup - takes my lipstick into the family room and proceeds to get it all over her hands and clothes - now it's all over her hands, and she crawls everywhere -so imagine my joy when I found a trail of lipstick covered hands from my family room to the stairs! It's everywhere! And isn't coming out too well I might add. Then I find her later with my eyeliner - don't worry, I am getting smarter and stopped this when it was only on her hands and clothes! Do you think it's possible I need to keep a closer eye on her?
Friday, February 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey, at least she can entertain herself. I still think she needs some type of bag or basket or something to haul her treasures while she crawls. You never know, one day her artwork may make you rich!
Hello, I just typed this long comment and it got lost somehow. Grrr! Anyway, congrats to have the colorer on your hand, way better then occupying themselves by being glued to the T.V. (Mason!). Also, sorry about the carpet, sometimes our kids must feel like they need to leave little souveniers of their childhood around the house for us.
I've had lots of lipstick incidents (and other makeup mishaps as well--remember Sam going to nursery with mascara?) but it never made it to the carpet--AGH! But you have to admire her determination!
By the way, who makes blog comments at 6:45 in the morning? (By the way, the answer is YOU! What is up with that?)
Post a Comment