Monday was our little Emily's birthday. It's totally weird to have a four year old in the house! She was so excited to be four and has talked about it for weeks. Several weeks before her birthday we started talking about what kind of cake she wanted - you have to brace yourself before you have this conversation with Emily - she never ceases to surprise you! Remember this is the girl who for the last two Halloween's has been a ghost and a skeleton and for her last birthday cake she had a snake cake - with Emmy it's safe to say, the scarier the better. So I was all ready to do whatever scary thing she'd thought of for this year - bring on the witch or the goblin or whatever - I was going to do it. Then she surprised me again - a princess cake was the request. Princess? Are you sure? Yeah, Disney princess was the official request. I'd started too late to find a princess cake pan so I had to improvise with buying Disney princess cake toppers from the Walmart bakery. And then I let her pick two colors to frost the cake - black, gray, brown? Nope pink and purple! What has happened to my little haunted house loving Emily?! But there she was - with the girliest cake she's had (since she's been able to choose at least!). Her birthday was fun and the next day at preschool she was Star of the Day and that was just tops for her! I'd have pictures to prove the girliness change but I can't get my pictures off the camera - and my resident technical expert is in Phoenix for the week. I'll have pictures later though.
One funny story about Emmy - the other day she and I were butting heads over who should buckle up her stuffed animal in the car (I'm about 10 times faster so I was choosing me - she's quite independent so she's choosing her) and she yells at me, "you're being mean to your sister!", I say "Emmy, you're not my sister, you're my daughter." She comes back with "well, you're being mean to your daughter!" She might be one to call it like she sees it.
Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You're right about Emmy always being good for a suprise! I'm glad she liked her cake and that you could find the toppers, those sound perfect! I think the cake pans themselves may be overrated! We're going w/ one of those edible pictures this year. That's funny that she thought you were sisters. I didn't know you had extra passengers in your car lately. Sounds fun though.
As one who saw the cake in person, I can verify--darling and very, very girly! Hannah can't quit talking about it! That Emmy, she keeps ya guessing!
Here is why I'm sad we live so far away because I don't know Emmy very well. I wish I knew her inside and out but from the outside looking in I'm suprised, the little sweet one doesn't look like she has a mean streak in her little body.
Post a Comment