Friday, June 23, 2017

Summer in a Snapshot



   This picture perfectly catches our summer.  Kids taking piano lessons.  While wearing swim suits. It just cracks me up!  They had to wear their swim suits because we had to leave the second piano was over to get to swimming lessons.  That's our summer - on the run from one fun thing (ok, not so much fun when it's piano) to the next.  We're going like crazy from swim team (Bailey 5 days a week at 7:00), swim lessons, tennis camp, basketball camp, water park, over to friend's, friends over to our house, movies, and every thing else.
  Usually I hate having many commitments in the summer.  This is my break from being overly scheduled.  It's my break from being a mom taxi.  It's my break from saying, "Hurry".  But as my kids have gotten older I realize that's not realistic.  My kids want to do all the fun things of summer - and I want them to too.  So this year, I'm way more committed than I usually like - but this year I'm liking hurrying from one fun thing to the next.  Yes, I'm still a mom taxi who needs a raise.  And I still have to say, "Hurry".  But we are cramming as much fun into summer as we can - and yes, sometimes you have to "put your shoes on in the car" if we're going to get it all in.

1 comment:

Allyson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.