Another school year has come and gone ... man these years just go by faster and faster! Slow down already Father Time! Goodbye 10th, 8th (middle school!), 5th and 3rd grades!

We hosted our 2nd annual water balloon fight. We invited 12 kids from our bus stop to come straight to our house after school and cool off a little with a water balloon fight.

Tyler filled 300 water balloons and hid them as caches throughout the yard.
We were ready for the masses!
The kids showed up and the craziness began! The water balloons lasted about 7.5 seconds! Luckily we had sprinklers and a hose to fill the vacancy.





A driveway full of bikes is one of my favorite sights!
Derek said he saw a car slow down in front of our house and count the bikes!
The saddest part of our party involved our neighbor Justin. He's in between Bailey and Logan in age. He doesn't go to our school so it never occurred to me to invite him to our party. I didn't even know what time he would be home from his school on Friday. Needless to say, he wasn't invited but he was certainly home. While I was outside turning on the sprinklers I could hear that someone was playing a recorder. Now the sound of a recorder didn't really get my attention ... I'm all too familiar with the recorder. This year both Bailey and Logan have played the recorder the last 2 months of school. I've been known to say, "You should play that outside so the neighbors can enjoy it too!" So when I heard the recorder I thought one of our party kids was playing the recorder in the middle of a water fight. I've seen weirder. It wasn't until I was in the backyard that I saw Justin. Both of our backyards have a hill that goes up towards the back. If you stand on the top our hill, you can look into our neighbor's backyards. There was poor Justin, at the very top of his hill, practically hanging over the fence, playing his guts out on his recorder, just begging to be noticed. It was the saddest sight! I immediately had Tyler run over and invite that poor kid over. Don't worry, he was soaked in no time. As we've talked about it, Justin has been dubbed the minstrel of our party - like the rooster in the cartoon version of Robin Hood.
After our party was over, we headed to Allyson's. Having a sister with a pool is a pretty sweet gig. She invites us over, we swim, eat her popsicles and go home happy. So we swam with the Al and Jen's families and had a high ol' time. After 3 hours Allyson and Paul had to leave to watch Josh's football scrimmage. But the weather was so nice! And the kids were so happy! And the lounge chairs so comfy! Jen and I stayed another 2 hours.


What a great day to kick off summer!
Summer - I welcome you, with your sleeping in, homework free, just let me enjoy my kids days,
with open arms!
1 comment:
This post is bulging with fun!!! Love the annual water fight. Love the stranger gawking at the bike collection, love that my house was one of your stops! The last day really is fun.
Post a Comment