After everyone was up we had Tyler read the following note:

Derek gave the kids push pins and we told them to start popping! Tyler started popping like a fiend, not at all caring if the balloon he popped had a piece of paper in it or not. Emily went around collecting the papers. Bailey just watched - too tired and confused to do anything else. And Logan bawled his eyes out that it was too loud and hurting his ears. Wow. Not exactly what I was shooting for.
Emily was finding the papers, a letter on each one. When she had all 6 I told her that she had them all, and to unscramble them. It didn't take her long to spell out H-A-W-A-I-I. She just stood there, not believing what she was reading. She called her siblings over and told them she'd unscrambled it. Logan was the one who read Hawaii out loud. They all just stood there in shock Well 3 in shock, Bailey too tired to process it. As soon as it sunk in, Tyler and Emily got super excited and Logan broke out in tears. Again. Because he doesn't want to go to Hawaii. They have volcanoes. And tsunamis. And sharks. So while he ran off to cry in his room, a party with leis and Hawaiian music broke out.

Everyone is so excited - I even think Logan is going to come now. The kids spent the whole day looking up things to do in Hawaii. Emily got a countdown app - only 200+ days! Hawaii here we come!
1 comment:
That whole thing is awesome. The trip, comatose Bay, the music, Logan's refusal to go, all of it. Aloha!!
Post a Comment