Hooray! It's summer!! We made it! Another year of alarm clocks, homework, finals, early morning seminary, 20 minutes of reading EVERY DAY (to an adult unfortunately), making lunches, bedtime, homework folders, permission slips, field trips, volunteering, field days, and projects is in the books. We made it. And by the way ... alarm clocks. My family is so over alarm clocks. Also, I've identified my least favorite day of the school year. The second to the last day, where all of the supplies come home. What am I supposed to do with 40 more crayons? I'm already buried in crayons people. And what am I going to do with pocket folders that are gently used? My kids won't use them next year ("But Mom, it's all beat up! I can't use this!"). I genuinely hate school supplies coming home. I'd be happier if they didn't come home with anything. So yes, I say ... Summer? Yes please!

Since we're super hot this week, in the 90's, I thought it would be fun to invite all the kids from our bus stop to our house for water balloon fight. Yes, the bike gang came straight from the bus stop to our house.

120 water balloons and 2 minutes later and the fight was over. Good thing buckets, bowls, sprinklers and Derek came out to make our party a little longer.


After everyone was drenched, I gave them an ice cream sandwich to eat while they dried off. It was the funnest way to kick off summer!
We ended the day by cooling off at the water park.
Happy summer to all!
2 comments:
So many things to say! Love your fun posters every year! The water balloon fight is so fun!! You are such a fantastic mom, the bikes were super funny. I could not echo your sentiments on the used school supplies more! It's the worst! 2 giant bags of crap per kid coming home each year when you just want to stop thinking about school all together. Another year down really is a mom feat, congrats you you, you made it through 4 more grades! Sianara alarms! Sleep in, you've earned it! And what a perfect day for the water park!
What a fun way to celebrate summer! You know how to throw a party. I think 120 balloons is quite an arsenal, too bad it only lasts 2 minutes, but what a great 2 minutes. I am sure they had a great time, Derek can turn anything into a party. Nice to have another year in the books!
Post a Comment