Here are a few of my favorite lines:
Quoting the book The Little White Bird, "Shall we make a new rule of life ... always to try to be a little kinder than is necessary?" The principal then goes on to say, "What a marvelous line isn't it? Kinder than necessary? Because it's not enough to be kind. One should be kinder than needed. Why I love that line, that concept, is that it reminds me that we carry with us, as human beings, not just the capacity to be kind, but the very choice of kindness."
When given the choice between being right or being kind, choose kind. - Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
Your deeds are your monuments. -Inscription on an Egyptian tomb
Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish much. -Blaise Pascal
Do all the good you can,
By all the means you can,
In allthe ways you can,
In all the places you can,
At all the times you can,
As long as you ever can.
John Wesley
I love these thoughts on kindness, because kindness most definitely does matter. This book has given me a desire to be kinder than necessary.
5 comments:
Such an awesome book! I loved it.
i loved that book too. a great message on kindness we all could all learn from.
I'm putting that on reserve at my library right now. Thanks for the recommendation!
I need to read that book, it sounds so good. I need to be more kind, sometimes I just want to be right. I should try the high road for a change. Thanks for the food for thought!
mom and ben just read that. heard it was a great book.
Post a Comment