My little Logan is six! How can it be? He got to have his first friend party, and he was so excited! We decided to have all of his friends over for cake and ice cream and then take them all to the movie. Logan invited his 7 best pals (we have 8 boys in our ward in kindergarten - crazy!) over for our party.
The best part of this party was that it was on a Wednesday afternoon - at 1:00! With all these boys in half day kindergarten - I know they're all free on Wednesday afternoon! They've got nothing else going on! I loved that it didn't take up mine, or anyone else's, Saturday or evening. The worst part of this party was that I had to wait until the movie times were up for that week before I could send out invitations. I knew the movie would either be Despicable Me 2 or Planes - we were going to whatever movie had a matinee. Despicable Me showed at 1:45 - perfect. We got invites out and started planning our Minion Party. Then entered Pintrest ... curse you Pintrest, curse you. For some reason I searched for Despicable Me party ideas, and only 10,000 showed up. And they were all so cute! So I started pinning, and shopping, and making ... all totally last minute because I didn't know if we were doing Despicable Me or Planes until the last minute. As I was burning the midnight oil making a minion party, Derek said, "Ya know what's funny ... you're only doing a minion party because it was showing at the time you wanted." That's exactly right.
Off with the Minion party ...
We had this guy on the front door greeting guests.
We enjoyed some Minion cupcakes.
Emmy and Bay turned our cups into Minions too.
We ripped into some presents.
I will say this about kids - I love how excited they are for the birthday person to open their gift.
I love that they're so excited to give a gift to their friend.
Then we were off to the movies. Derek and I both had to drive because we had so many boys. The theater was practically empty - who goes to a 1:45 matinee of a movie that 's been out since July?? So we let the boys pick where we sit - not the front row (thank heavens), but the back row for us. The boys had their popcorn and drinks and we were set. We saw the movie, and then we dropped off all the boys on our way home. That's the easiest party that's ever be done. Ever.
Emmy and Bay turned their goody bags into minions:
Their thank you: Thanks a minion for coming to my party! Hope you had a despicably good time!
I hooked the thank you to a minion water bottle.
It was the easiest party ever - and despicably fun! Happy birthday to my Logo Boy!
4 comments:
Wow. That's all I can summon at this moment.
That moment passed, I've gathered my thoughts, and am now prepared to say more. Logan is luckiest little minion in the history of minions! What a great party you threw, so fun. I love it all. Did you have that many Planes ideas too?
What a fabulous party!!! I loved all the minion ideas, the bags, door hanger, cupcakes and cups all minions. How adorable, Lucky Logie is all I can say. Great party. You could rent yourself out as a party giver.
So cute! I love the cupcakes.
Our 5 yr old told his primary teacher on Sunday, "my parents are fasting for me that I won't be an evil purple minion." He would have loved Logan's party. I might steal some of those ideas.
Post a Comment