Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Laughs in First Grade

     This morning I volunteered in Bailey's first grade class.  For some reason, there were some funny things today.  One at our expense, one at someone else's.
     The first was at poor Bay's expense.  We have this hand-me-down white sweater with a huge furry collar. I certainly don't love it, but Bailey does.  I try to lessen the amount of times she wears it, but if she finds it, she wants to wear it.  Today she found it.  So off she went to school wearing this fur coat/sweater thing.  I was secretly hoping she'd get hot at school and take it off - but when I got there it was still going strong.  So her teacher comes up to me with a stack of papers to grade, and says, "Bailey's sure looking nice today with her fur coat!  Just perfect for a Thursday!".  I was so embarrassed - all I could say was, "Perfect for a Thursday is right."



     Then just a few minutes later this girl gets a bloody nose.  She starts running around the room looking for a Kleenex and finally finds one.  She tells the teacher that she has a bloody nose, who quickly tells her to head to the nurse's office.  As this bloody-nose girl is walking out the door her teacher yells, "Hey Morgan, are you having chicken nuggets or tangerine chicken for lunch?".  I guess the lunch count trumps bloody noses.  I just thought it was so funny that the teacher was not to be sidetracked.  Hats off to first grade teachers everywhere.

3 comments:

Allyson said...

That is funny about the teacher and the bloody nose. I don't think it looks like a fur coat, but I think her calling it one is pretty funny. I bet Bay liked that!

Gayle Menlove said...

I like her fur coat, very stylish and Bay looks adorable in it.

Rainie said...

Perfect for a Thursday!