I've definitely had some gems today on Mother's Day - here they are:
For a present Tyler gave me the best present ever - a coupon for a week of no complaining about piano. LOVE IT! It shows how much I love it because I'm redeeming it today - no way I'm holding on to something that good.
I was getting ready for church and could smell breakfast cooking. So I asked Logan what was cooking - hoping to get some insider information. He asked me what I thought it was - I said, "I think it's sausage. What do you think it is?" I was sure my trick would work and he would tell me what it was. He said, "I can't guess because I would guess right and then you'd know!". How is my baby old enough to keep a secret and not be tricked by his mom?
Then, my favorite ... every Sunday Bailey sits with my friend Janey during Sacrament Meeting. Janey is the one who bought Bailey a brand new coloring book which blew Bay's mind. So today as I was packing our church bag I asked Bay if she was going to sit with Janey so I could pack her her own bag of stuff. She said, "No mom, today's mother's day, so I'm going to sit with you." It was the sweetest thing!! I happily had my 4 little monkeys on my bench with me today and loved it.
Our ward is on year 3 or 4 of having a brunch for the moms during the middle of hour. The youth and men of the ward cover all the primary classes, and anything else so all the women can go. It always has the best food of sticky buns, fruit and juice. It's so fun for the moms to just chat and chat. It's definitely the fastest middle hour of church of the year!
Definitely some Mother's Day gems this year.
Sunday, May 12, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Those are some goodies with extra goodness for sure. Bay was so sweet! Ty was so creative, and Logie was so smart.
Oh what a fun Mother's Day for you. I am surprised you could not fool Logan. How can he be that smart? Super cute of Bay to sit by you. Tell Ty he could give you that gift again on your birthday. You have such a sweet little family. I love them!
Post a Comment