The rule in our family is that you have to be 12 to get your ears pierced. My girls talk about getting their ears pierced quite frequently - planning what kind of earrings they'll get, if it'll hurt, etc. But lately Emmy has been telling Bay that she'll wait until she's 14 so she and Bay get their ears pierced together when Bay's 12. That puts this 7 years from now.
So this week the girls come to me with a plan: they're going to get their ears pierced the same day and then they wanted to know if we could go out to lunch afterwards. 'Sure' I say, you got it. Then they say, 'can we go to Wendy's?' (I know, dare to dream girls). Again 'sure' from me. Then they say, 'I hope it has a playland!'
We'll see if 7 years changes things.
Tuesday, August 03, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's hilar. Hannah asked about getting her ears pierced once. When I told her it hurt, she was done. It's never come up again, so we dont' really have an age rule at this point. Wonder if 7 years will change that?
Oh my gosh, that is so funny- and sweet. Wendy's- do they ever have a playland? Maybe by then they will...
aw, that's sweet!
Post a Comment