I'm thinking a better name for my blog would be "Better Late than Never" because that's certainly how I operate! I know it's October, but I'm finally getting around to posting first day of school pictures. I can't believe I have two kids who are gone all day - Tyler in 3rd and Emmy in 1st. They get on the bus together, are gone all day, and come home together.
We got great teachers this year and everyone has settled in and is loving school. Tyler still eats hot lunch most days, and Emmy is mostly a cold lunch eater. They play together on the playground - with Emmy's friends chasing Tyler's friends.
The biggest change has been for Bailey. Poor Bay has lost her best friend - she just doesn't know what to do without Emmy. And Logan isn't cutting it in the friend department. She follows me around the house all day asking if she can go to a friend's house. We have the discussion that you can't invite yourself to someone else's house every day! So we have friends over all the time, we go to story time at the library every week, and she's in dance, but it's not enough to fill her social calendar. I have a feeling Bailey will be more than ready to start school!
On a side note, I've noticed that Emmy is transitioning into an Emily. She's writing Emily on all of her papers - whereas in kindergarten it was always Emmy. She wanted her teacher to call her Emily. "Emmy" has been my favorite - I'm starting to get sad thinking she could be done being Emmy.
We got great teachers this year and everyone has settled in and is loving school. Tyler still eats hot lunch most days, and Emmy is mostly a cold lunch eater. They play together on the playground - with Emmy's friends chasing Tyler's friends.
The biggest change has been for Bailey. Poor Bay has lost her best friend - she just doesn't know what to do without Emmy. And Logan isn't cutting it in the friend department. She follows me around the house all day asking if she can go to a friend's house. We have the discussion that you can't invite yourself to someone else's house every day! So we have friends over all the time, we go to story time at the library every week, and she's in dance, but it's not enough to fill her social calendar. I have a feeling Bailey will be more than ready to start school!
On a side note, I've noticed that Emmy is transitioning into an Emily. She's writing Emily on all of her papers - whereas in kindergarten it was always Emmy. She wanted her teacher to call her Emily. "Emmy" has been my favorite - I'm starting to get sad thinking she could be done being Emmy.
4 comments:
Cute pictures- really cute header pic with the leaves. Emily huh? I'd almost forgotten that was her name!
The school pictures are great. The kids look cute, and Bay will certainly be ready for school. I do hope we see more of Emmy, we love Emmy.
Does she still hate redundant letter sounds or has she made her peace with C & K?
Happy b-day to Gram! She's such a cute, lovable lady.
Such beautiful kids! I love them! Fun picture in the leaves too. Poor Bay. That makes me sad. Funny that Emmy is doing the transitioning of names. Cutest kids! We are so excited for cousin time coming up!
Post a Comment