Wednesday, March 04, 2009
Millennial Promises
I hope it's not bad to promise things that will take place in the Millennium. If it is bad, I'm in trouble because I've done that with Emmy. Emmy, my daughter who would love a pet more than anything, and who has parents who dread a pet more than anything. Because she doesn't have a pet she has to live vicariously through others. One day while I was doing her hair she was asking me all about my cat I had as a kid (yes, my parents were nicer than me and let me have lots of pets). I was telling her about my cat Shanni - what color she was, how I got her, the fact that she's dead now, and all the rest. Then she says, "When Shanni is resurrected could I have her?" Now here's a question I can say yes to! Of course she can my resurrected cat! The girl thinks she's won the lottery and is totally thrilled with her great luck - I've made her day. Then later she says to Derek, "Guess what! Mom said I could have Shanni when she's resurrected! But I'm going to change her name." Like I said, I hope it's not bad to make millennial promises.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That's so cute, it reminds me of my little Ethan that finds every and all reasons to have a pet that we won't let him have because of allergies. I hope your promise can come true.
Ha ha ha! That is the freakin cutest thing I've heard all day!
So what's the resurrected Shanni's name to be?? I'm curious. Emmy is funny-the girl loves her an animal or two!
Emi is a crack-up. I might have to start making millenial promises. What will the new name be??
She us quite hilarious--why didn't I think of the resurrected pet scam? Genius!
Emmy is hilarious! I love the idea of getting to have resurrected pets! We have and are struggling with children begging for pets. Emmy has great ideas!
So, why can't Emmy have a kitty before the resurrection??? Seriously, she loves a pet more you did!
Just a little food for thought.
Post a Comment