Friday, September 26, 2008

I Love Cha Cha

Ok, here's my public service announcement - I love it when people share their good ideas and tips so I'm sharing mine. Derek found this service called Cha Cha. It's a texting service that lets you text them any question and in 5 minutes they text you back. It's just like having the interenet on your phone for those of us who don't have the interenet on our phones! You just text them at Cha Cha (242-242) your question. Here's a scenario: Derek and I were driving to Twin Falls and we were talking about a Saturday coming up. I was asking him what time BYU was playing (it dramatically impacts me what time BYU plays every Saturday!) and he didn't know. So I just texted Cha Cha: What time does BYU football play on Saturday? 5 minutes later I had my answer - 1:00. Awesome eh? And Cha Cha is totally free - I don't get why or how, but it is. Sometimes I use Cha Cha just because I'm lazy and I'd rather have someone else spend the time finding the answer. I wanted to know what the weather was going to be like in Florida in November - now I could have found this out for myself - but why not text them, work on dinner, and then get the answer!? So I just texted them: What is the average high temperature in Orlando in November? 5 minutes later (and my dinner closer to being done) I had my answer of high 70's. It's also become a verb at our house - if Derek asks me something I don't know my answer is now - "I don't know, Cha Cha it". It's awesome - get cha cha'ing!

1 comment:

Gayle Menlove said...

I love the cha cha idea, now if I just had texting on my phone!