Thursday, March 01, 2007

Tyler's Wildest Dreams

Well Tyler has decided what he wants to be when he grows up. He's wanted to be a cowboy for a long time, but he's changed his mind - the ultimate career choice - he wants to be a bus driver. He told me this the other day, adding, "Mom, I won't ever change my mind - I promise." He wants to drive his bus at his elementary, but a different bus number than the one he rides - he's already scouted out his bus. I told him a bus driver was a great idea. A few days later we were talking about how after elementary school you go to middle school, high school and then college. I was telling him how in college you get to pick what kind of classes you take based on what you want to be when you grow up. He asked what kind of classes bus drivers take. I told him he'll need to take some driving classes and also classes on what to do if they encounter road closures. It all sounded good to him. Then tonight Derek took him to the high school state basketball tournament (he'd taken Emily this afternoon where she reaffirmed that she wanted to be a cheerleader when she grows up) and Derek was asking if he wanted to play basketball or be in the band and Tyler said, "Dad, I won't have time, I'm going to be a bus driver". Derek told him that these kids were still in school, so he could do these things before he becomes a bus driver, to which Tyler said, "Dad, I just want to be a bus driver."

2 comments:

Rainie said...

I'm laughing hysterically!!! I'm so glad you have that recorded. Go get em Tyler!

Jen said...

I haven't checked in with your blogs in a while--I'm way behind! But way cute--way to go you cute, bowling, bus-driving, walking, cape-wearing kiddos!