
Thursday night was Emily's first dance recital. We were so excited - all day we talked about Emmy's special day. Our expecations for the actual performance were low - I thought she'd just stand on the stage and stare at us, and I was all ready to just have that be fine. We got her all ready and I took her there early so she could watch some of the other classes perform. I thought a little preparedness would help. My parents came, Derek and our other kids came and we were ready to start. Her teacher called up her class and she was the first one on the stage. The music started and Emily was doing the dance! I was shocked! About ten seconds in she stopped dancing and just stood there, staring. This was what I expected. Then came the welling tears - not expected - and then the free flow of tears and the running off the stage into Derek's arms! She cried so loud everyone was watching her and not their own cute little dancers! Finally we got her calmed down enough to sit and watch the rest of her class dance and then they ended and she was happy as a clam. It was the weirdest thing - Derek said it was just like she short-circuited! Afterwards we took pictures of her with her friends and her teacher and she was just all smiles. It was such a funny night - despite the tears - which we caught on camera!
3 comments:
Oh how sad. At least you saw her run up and start doing to the dance. That's awesome. Next time she'll make it through.
I do love that she ran into her Daddy's arms, who doesn't love that? (and I love!!! the pictures!)
That is such a good story. Next time she'll really know what to expect. I think her performance deserves some ice cream!
Post a Comment