Thursday, January 17, 2019

Elton John!

  For Christmas we gave Emily ticket to an Elton John concert.  We knew she'd love going, but tickets aren't necessarily the funnest Christmas present to get.  Because it's nothing NOW, so I was a little worried about how it would go over.  We also got her an Elton John piano book and a Rocket Man shirt so it was definitely an Elton John Christmas.  She was so excited for the concert that it didn't seem to bother her at all that Christmas morning was a little anticlimatic. 
   We were both so excited for the concert (I mean, SO EXCITED)!.   I made an Elton John playlist on my phone just so I could know every song.  The week of were beside ourselves.  I coudln't even sleep the night before I was so excited.  And then it came!!!!
   We went out to dinner before, and got to the arena plenty early so we could get through security, find our seats, check out the merchandise, and soak it all up.  By the time the lights went down and Bennie and the Jets started we were IN.  ALL IN.  We danced and screamed and sang every word.  For 3 full hours.  We had the best time.  It was such a great show, but going with Emily, who loved every second was the best part.  On the way home she said, "I'd go again tomorrow night."  Oh me too Emmy.  Me too. 

About to start!




What an amazing composer, pianist, singer and performer -
thanks Rocket Man for the best night!

  Emmy and I are still talking about it nonstop.  We always ask each other "What Elton John song do you have in your head right now?"  We loved Rocket Man, Your Song, Take me to the Pilot, Crocodile Rock and Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.

No comments: