For Christmas my parents gave us a gift certificate to take the whole family horseback riding. This is completely new to my kids - everyone but Logan has ridden a horse a few times, but I don't think Logan has ever ridden a horse. So we were all so looking forward to this.
I had scheduled it for a Monday night - and then the rain and cold weather set in. The gal from the ranch called me and asked me if I wanted to reschedule so we could get better weather. So we rescheduled for the next Saturday night. I checked the weather all week long! I was so worried about more rain and more cold temperatures, because I knew we were rapidly running out of season.
Saturday came and we had the best weather! The sun came out all day - drying up the ground so we didn't have mud, but also didn't have any dust. It was still chilly, but not too cold and definitely dry. I was so thankful!
We met our cowboy guide, Bryan, and he got us all set on our horses. The kids were loving getting on a horse, calling it by name, and looking awesome.
Bailey and Sunny

Emily and Cap (short for Captain)

Logan and Sweetie

Tyler and Britches
In the corral, getting ready to ride!

Emily and Cap (short for Captain)
Logan and Sweetie
Tyler and Britches
In the corral, getting ready to ride!
Here we are the top of an amazing overlook
Derek and Jack, Bailey and Sunny, Logan and Sweetie, me and Kip,
Emily and Cap and Tyler and Britches
We had a great time - the horses would trot and the kids would laugh and laugh. We had to keep the horses from eating grass - a not easy task for Derek who quickly named Jack "Hungry Jack". When we got back to the corral we were all stiff and walked a little funny. We had the best time - and would love to go back!
Thanks mom and dad for a great gift!
1 comment:
What a fun present! Britches? Who names a horse Britches? Kip I can get behind.
Post a Comment