Last night I took my girls to the General Women's Meeting. I don't remember why we didn't go last time, but this was the first time I've taken my girls since it changed to include girls as young as 8 years old.
I was in the fence about going, I knew it would show on TV, and there's a lot to be said for staying home, watching it with popcorn, wearing pajamas. But, I knew I would pay more attention, and it would be more memorable for all of us if we watched it at the church. So I couldn't decide what to do.
So as I asked around, Kristie was on the fence, and Kim was on the fence, and I stayed undecided. Then as I sat next to Kim at soccer yesterday morning she said, "I'm going to go. It'll be better for me and my girls." Just what I needed to hear. Yes, it would be better for me and my girls to go to the church too.
So off we went last night to watch the General Women's meeting. It was so great! The theme was the temple and the speakers were all so good. President Uchtdorf spoke at the end and his talk was so great - about Heavenly Father loves us no matter how popular we are or what dress size we wear. It was awesome.
After the meeting we started inviting everyone knew to go out to get a treat together. We ended up with 5 moms (Kim, Kristie, Kalie, Kristen, and me (the only non-k name, sometimes I tell them to call me Karen - haha) and 7 cute daughters at a yogurt place. The moms chatted and laughed while the girls ran around on their sugar high. It was such a great night of inspiration and friendship. And I almost stayed home and missed it!
Aubrie, Bailey, Perry, Andie, Kaisa, and Emily. 1 girl was too old to be associated with this crew and wouldn't get in the picture!

4 comments:
wow i went to it too at my church. afterwards i went to dairy queen and got an oreo earthquake. hope you had fun.
love hannah
wow i went to it too at my church. afterwards i went to dairy queen and got an oreo earthquake. hope you had fun.
love hannah
wow i went to it too at my church. afterwards i went to dairy queen and got an oreo earthquake. hope you had fun.
love hannah
The women's conference was so great, I am so glad you all went and then celebrated after with a treat. Great way to make women's conference fun and a nice tradition to start. Sorry we didn't name you Karen... We do like Amy better.
Post a Comment