Thursday, March 06, 2014

Wardrobe Malfunction

  Yesterday I was volunteering in Logan's classroom. After I'd been there for over an hour he came up to me with this confession:

Logan: (whispering) Mom, I made a mistake. 
Me:  (whispering) What was it?
Logan:  I accidentally left my pajamas on.  
Me:  (looking him over from head to toe - I see a boy dressed in jeans and a long sleeved t-shirt. No pajamas in sight)  Logan, you're dressed. 
Logan:  No, I have my pajamas on underneath my clothes. (He then pulls up his shirt to show me his pajama shorts coming out the top of his pants). 
Me:  Well, school's almost over. We'll deal with it when we get home. 

When we got home I asked him how he finally noticed and he said he'd gone to the bathroom and found a surprise. Then he told me that he'd told his friend Jose what he'd done. "What did Jose say" I asked. Apparently Jose said, "I have my pajamas on under my clothes too.  No, I don't, I'm just kidding."  I thought Jose's response was so cute - didn't embarrass Logan or make fun of him, and made Logan laugh over the situation. Love good friends!

1 comment:

Gayle Menlove said...

How does one get dressed and forgets he is still wearing pajamas? Logan is so cute, and Jose is a nice friend.