Rainie, this post is for you - now you owe me one. ;)
So I recently was the victim of a hate crime ... I'm sad to say, but it's true. I went to the grocery store, bought a cart full of groceries, like I feel like I do every day. On my list was minced onion. I grabbed the onion, a hundred other things, checked out and headed home. I unloaded all the groceries, and put half of them away before I had to run the school to pick up Logan. I picked up Logan, came home and unloaded the rest of the groceries. As I was unpacking everything I took out the minced onion and was shocked to see the minced onion was full of popcorn. Shocked.
I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe I hadn't noticed when I picked it up, when I checked out, that the clerk didn't notice - nothing. Shocking. When I saw Derek I told him all about my tale of woe. He said it was probably a mix up at the minced onion factory, and asked if you can return groceries. No, I insisted, it was some prank pulled by punk teenagers who went to the store, dumped out the onion (who knows where!), filled up the bottle with popcorn, put it back on the shelf, and was waiting to see what schmuck bought it! And I was the schmuck! I told Derek it was a hate crime, pure and simple, a hate crime against me. Derek pretty much ignored most of my theories/rantings and went back to work. As I put away the groceries I remained shocked that someone would tamper with minced onion.
Hours later Derek was leaving the house and his parting words were, "I put the popcorn in.", and out the door he went. For the second time that day, I was shocked.
8 comments:
My gut hurts from laughing so hard.
He should have saved it for April fools day.
oh, can't stop laughing!
I suspected him the whole time!
I'm with Allyson, that had Derek written all over it from the get go.
I do owe you a post.
It's on the agenda.
I'm so happy you updated!
Was he just trying to make you crazy?
Derek is always creative, but I must say, this is a new level.
Funny.
He knows you so well to know you'd react to that.
Haha! I like you guys.
Laughing so hard I'm crying! You really had me going! I was totally thinking who would do such a thing!! I was so into the story I completely forgot you are married to the master prankster! It's the worst being a victim of a hate crime! HA HA HA! Nice one Derek!
Post a Comment