I can't believe how fast summer went this year. This was the fastest yet. We crammed in as much fun as we could - between swim team, swimming lessons, waterpark passes, tennis camp, golf pass for Ty, trips to Idaho Falls to see family, piano lessons, Tyler's birthday, Bailey's birthday, and girls camp for me - we had a blast. I'm already missing the days of sleeping in, and having my kids home. Until next year . . . when I will welcome summer back with open arms.
Our last day of summer breakfast - sending summer off in style!
The night before - backpacks laid out ... outfits chosen ...
Tyler - first one out the door. On his way to 7th grade!
Off he goes.
Next wave to go ... love that these kids ride the bus together
Emmy to 5th
Bailey to 2nd
Logan to kindergarten
How can he be in kindergarten?? He's my baby!
Logan in line outside his classroom - he was so excited!
Luckily, for moms, the first day of kindergarten starts with a parents meeting. So after Logan got on the bus, I drove to the school and met him there. During the meeting, I heard one dad say to another day - both friends of ours, "Logan's the happiest one here" - he was definitely ready for it to be his turn to go school. After a short meeting, moms were told to beat it, so I left him there. He was all smiles when I picked him up a 3 short hours later.
Every day when he comes home from school I say, "How was school?" he yells, "Easy!"
So far everyone is still happy and figuring out the ropes. Lots to be thankful for: buses, lockers that open easily, good friends, and kind teachers.
2 comments:
Those are pretty cute school kids. I wondered how you got a picture of Logan getting on the bus and a picture of him waiting in line for school. Thanks for sharing their first day of school with us. Love the pictures.
I'm also in shock that Logan is old enough for school. Wow.
That's ADORABLE that he's so happy and that it's so easy!
It was super fun to talk to you the other night. Thanks for calling.
You are such a great mom w/ such a cute family.
Post a Comment