Friday, February 11, 2011

The Groundhog was Right

Though Puxatony Phil seemed to get his forecast wrong for most of the country, he seemed to get it right for me. Yesterday I saw my daffodils had poked through. Part of me says: oh little daffys, I think you might have jumped the gun a little! I hope a frost doesn't come that does you in! But a much bigger part of me says YAY! YAY! YAY! The first day I see my daffodils come through is really and truly one of my favorite days of the year. I love to think that we are through the worst of winter and spring is on it's way. I love that it's getting lighter and lighter in the morning. I love that soon I will not be fighting coats and socks whenever we go somewhere. I love that soon I will not be cold all the time - I am always telling Derek I've been cold since October. I love that my kids will be playing outside longer than it took us to get them ready to go oustide. Spring cannot get here soon enough.

5 comments:

Kelli @ The Loss Cause said...

Oh that makes me okay with coming back home. I hope they didn't jump the gun and it is warm soon (like next week).

Allyson said...

I'm happy for you and your daffys! I hope they make it and that your spring arrives soon. I don't want you to be cold for more months.

Rainie said...

Yay Yay Yay is right. I'm so happy for you and your daffys.

Gayle Menlove said...

I think you have daffys that thinking positive! Maybe this week they could use a little woobie at night.

Lempskies said...

You're cute to have a nickname for Daffodils.
Do you remember your impatient you named Penelope? It drove a gardener bonkers because she didn't understand & was insistent there was no "Penelope Impatient" variety?
People that easily annoyed deserve to be annoyed. You were just being cute naming your plant.