Last week at church our ward's financial clerk gave Derek the tithing statements for our family. He told Derek he'd need to look over them because he was wondering if there was a mistake on one of them. When we got home we opened the envelope wondering what kind of mistake could have been made. It didn't take us long after looking at ours, Tyler's, Emily's and Logan's to realize that something was definitely odd about Bailey's. Apparently in 2009 she paid $2,000 in tithing - in several different payments. We laughed all week thinking about how Bailey's making such an income - all in secret - and definitely against child labor laws.
So today we went to tithing settlement and I explained to our Bishop that there was mistake - Bailey hasn't cleared $20,000 this year. He just laughed and laughed and kept telling Bailey "Way to go Bailey!". She'd just smile at him and say, "thanks". It was hilarious. If you need a loan, I know a girl . . .
Just as a p.s. - I just found Logan hitting our decorated Christmas tree with a Fat Bat. When I took that away, he quickly picked up a basketball a chucked it at the tree. And people tell me we should add a dog to this circus!
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Way to go Bay is right! I want to know her financial secrets, what stocks to watch, what small business she has going on in the garage, what ever her secret is, she could share.
I still think a dog would be fun for your kiddos. The dog could stay outside, at least until you get the Christmas tree decorated.
hahaha!! That is pretty funny.
And I find that dogs are a great outlet for little boy energy. Clive, my almost 5 year old, loves to play fetch with Daisy (our bichon). And by "play fetch," I don't mean he throws the toy and she fetches it. No, I throw the toy and they both chase it down, racing to see who can get to it first. Good exercise for dogs and boys! Additionally, Clive can bonk, hug, chase Rudy the basset hound and he is just happy to get the attention!
Share the wealth, Bailey! Good going!
What is Bales intrest rate on a holiday loan?
Post a Comment