Bailey is such a crack up -here are two of my favs.
The other day she was sitting at the barstool waiting for me to make her lunch. I handed it to her, and started to make my lunch. When I was finished I was headed for the table and she said, "Mom, sit by me" - I have the thought that it won't be long until she doesnt want me to sit by her so I should take advantage of this sweet moment . . . but I'm also thinking that barstools don't have backs . . .feeling torn . . . but sentiment wins out and I sit next to her. We're both on our barstools, lunch in front of us, and now she says, "Now rub my back." Sentiment met its match that day!
Last night we were having family prayers and it was Bay's turn to pray. In her hand was a set of those colored, plastic, keys babies play with. Here's her prayer: "Father bless the day (every prayer starts that way). Help us not to hit Tyler with the keys that I am holding in my hands above my head. Amen" I guess she must have been fighting off some pretty strong temptation and praying for strength to resist - at least that's what I'll tell myself!
Wednesday, July 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
At least she had the restraint to keep from using the keys as a weapon.
She's awesome. We can't wait to see all of you this weekend.
What a little doll she is. Ya gotta love Bay!
What did TyTy think of the prayer?? Did he laugh? That is funny. If I sit by you at lunch will you rub my back?
Post a Comment