We blessed our little Logan this past Sunday. Doing it in January with the all of the snow we've gotten lately made me think we might not have a big turn out for the weekend - but we couldn't have been more wrong. We had so much family come it left us amazed. We had lots come in from out of town - John and Sandy, Angey's family, Allyson's family, Robb's family, and even Rainie all the way from Texas came to support us! It really meant a lot to me that people would go to such effort and expense to share our special day with us.
The whole weekend was great. All of Derek's family was here by Saturday morning and we were able to spend most of the day with Derek's family. Saturday night I spent it with my family because Allyson and Paul had come in earlier that day. On Sunday we got to spend the morning with Rainie and Allyson. The blessing itself was great (despite having church at 3:00!). All of my siblings were there and Derek was only missing one sibling - that's pretty amazing. Afterwards Allyson and Angey both got on the road to get home before it got too late and roads got bad. The rest of us went back to our house for dinner. We had such a fun evening and then John and Sandy said their goodbyes as they left for their mission. It was great timing to be able do both the same weekend.
All in all, it was wonderful.
2 comments:
It was wonderful! Gosh Logan seems so happy in every single picture! I really love the one of he and Tyler- I wouldn't mind a copy of that.
You are so high tech with your fancy pictures! Love them! Logan's a little doll.
Now here is my deep, dark secret - do you know that the name Logan has been the love of my life forEVER. I almost named Austin that - but he looked more like an Austin. So I'm so excited someone has used my ultimate fave name. Now, if for some reason I were to be surprised (very) by another baby - and it were a boy - just know that there is a high probability that there will be two Logan's in the family (heehee).
Post a Comment