Halloween is so fun - I never really liked it before I had kids, but now I love it. I look forward to it as much as the kids. This year the kids were pretty firm in what they wanted to be - no more talking them into what I want them to be (well, except for ol' Bay - she didn't really get consulted). Tyler knew he wanted to be something from Star Wars - he debated for a while on who to be and finally decided on Darth Vader. Emily knew she wanted to be a cheerleader for months - pretty easy since I decided there was no way I was going to sew a cheerleader outfit. Then to Bay - Emmy's hand-me-down Tinkerbell costume was perfect. She loved wearing it - and insisted on wearing it most of the day (probably because Emily was a cheerleader all day too). They went dressed up to Tyler's class party and had lots of fuss made over them.
We did the ward trunk-or-treat and then we came home. The plan was for me to stay home with Bay to pass out candy while Derek took the bigs out to some houses. But Bailey caught on to trick-or-treating pretty fast - just go up to an adult and hold out your bag - they'll put candy in it for you! So she was off with all the big kids and hit the neighborhood. When it got too cold Bay came home and Derek was off again hitting more of the neighborhood. The kids finally trudged in after 8:00 and went to bed completely exhausted. The kids are already planning next year's costumes so it must have been a hit at our house.
3 comments:
Your kids were SO darling on Halloween. -Ang
The Darth Vader looks so real! They are really cute. I hope someone gave them pixie sticks....
Cute costumes. I'm really needing advice on how to get all kids to look at the camera at once. You've mastered the skill. (that picture in your kitchen). Nothing is funnier then when a two year old figures out how to get candy and you see the light go on in their head. Good for Bay to stick with.
Post a Comment